As you age, your body's ability to properly process the vitamins that you eat decreases. For that reason, it is important to increase the amounts of vitamins that you intake. Since osteoporosis occurs in those of an older age, it is of the utmost importance to ensure that your body gets enough Vitamin D. While those in their twenties only need to take in 200 IUs of Vitamin D per day, those aged 60 and above are recommended to take in about 600 IUs. The B-Vitamin Complex is also an important vitamin that our body loses the ability to process over time. A lack of B vitamins can lead to a risk for heart disease and possible memory loss, and for that reason, those of an older age need to make sure that they get all the B vitamins that they can get. Calcium is also a particularly important nutrient when it comes to aging; along with Vitamin D, it helps the bones to mineralize properly, warding off the effects of osteoporosis.
When it comes to actual foods that you should eat to avoid aging significantly, a diet that is high in both fruits and vegetables is recommended. Those who indulge in these types of foods often are found to have lower rates of disease as well as higher levels of energy and a healthier appearance. There are many reasons that these types of foods are recommended; most fruits and vegetables have no cholesterol, fat, or sodium, which are three harmful compounds that have a negative effect on health. In addition to the lack of bad substances found in fruits and vegetables, they are also rich in the vitamins and minerals that your body needs. Practically every essential vitamin and mineral can be found throughout the fruit and vegetable world, and a minimum of five fruits and vegetables per day are recommended by the National Cancer Institute.
Anti-oxidants are also important when it comes to aging; this type of compound is useful in the way that it helps the body to protect itself against the harmful effects of free radicals, which are rogue cells that attack the cell membranes of your body, causing premature cell death. Many fruits and vegetables include anti-oxidants, including carrots and tomatoes.
10 Anti Aging Madonna Inspired Health And Beauty Tips
1. Stay out of the sun as far as possible. Sunlight ages you before your time.
Use sunblock all the time if you are outdoors. Better yet, stay indoors to avoid the sun completely as much as possible.
2. Apply antiaging moisturizers on face and body before you sleep. You know how women keep hands and feet young by applying moisturizer to hands and feet before wearing gloves and socks? Do it. That works.
3. Stop using foundation and powder as they make you look older. For that matter, wear as little makeup as possible. Heavy makeup makes a woman look older.
4. If you need to hide dark circles under the eye or blemishes, use as little concealer as possible.
5. Don't bother with the sultry kohl rimmed eyed look as that adds years to your appearance. Save the dramatic smoky eye look for young girls who want to look grown up. To highlight your eyes, instead of using black eyeliner and dark eyeshadow, use false eyelashes to make eyes bigger.
6. Go organic. Eat organic food as far as possible. If you must, grow your own organic fruit and vegetables and buy the rest from an organic food store.
7. Stay away from sauces and preservatives.
8. Exercise for 2 hours everyday. Maybe longer if you can spare the time. Wake up early if you must, in order to get the necessary exercise.
9. Take a days break from your workout routine every week. Exercise 6 days a week. Then rest.
10. Eat lots of fruit and vegetables and soya and beansprouts. Stick to a macrobiotic diet.
Following these basic principles is a great way to get your health on track as you age, helping you to ensure that you will live a healthy life.